Tuesday 27 August 2013

My Latest Painting: "Burn Pile"



    I mentioned yesterday how disgusted I get when I see big piles of trees wastefully burned.  That is exactly what was happening in this painting.  At least it did give off some bright and interesting colors as it was turned into carbon.  Only someone who lives around logging knows the tremendous waste that results.
   It was the oranges, reds, and yellows, contrasted by grays and blues that attracted me to this image.  I also like the waves of heat that distorted what was going on.  
    I began painting this picture  in April, 2013.  It took me 86 hours to paint.  It is acrylic on canvas. The size is 18” x 24” (46 cm x 61 cm).
    I do show my daily progress on a painting in the “Current Work” section at the top of the page at my website.  For your interest, below is the photo I used as the basis of this painting.

See all of my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca




No comments:

Post a Comment