Friday 2 August 2013

Cloud Land


    One of the things that attracted me to the Robson Valley was its beautiful clouds.  They are big and puffy against the blue sky.  I remember the summer skies of my youth in Indiana to be white with humidity, not distinct and dramatic like they are in BC.
    Back when I had a herd of angora goats, I had to come up with a name for my herd so that I could  register them.  After a little thought and inspired by the clouds, I chose the name “Cloud Land”.  The name of my small graphic design business is called “Cirrus Visuals”, again in reference to clouds.
    We have been experiencing a spell of hot sunny weather lately and as a result, during the heat of the afternoon, clouds begin to form over the mountains.  On hot days this building can often lead to thunderstorms later in the afternoon, and although we could use a bit of rain, they haven’t been producing any of late.
    Joan and I periodically take walks up and down the runway at the McBride airfield.  Because it is located more in the middle of the Valley, it gives us a nice 360 degree view of the mountains that surround us and clouds building above them.  Yesterday, I took a video of the whole sweeping view, showing all the clouds forming over the mountains.

Unfortunately, I am unable to post the video on this website, if you would like to see it go to:



No comments:

Post a Comment