Friday 24 December 2021

McBride's Community Christmas Card


    What you are seeing in the photo is half of McBride’s Community Christmas Card which is hung up on Main Street every year on the hardware store fence.  The other half hangs further down the wall and I couldn’t get it all in the photo.  Every year residents can donate $5 ($10 for businesses) to the McBride Hospital Auxiliary and get their name up on the card.  I am not sure when the Community Card started, but I remember being surprised when seeing it on our first Christmas in the area.  I had never seen anything similar to it before.

    Something like the Community Christmas Card only really works in tiny communities like McBride.  We donated our $5 and you might be able to make out our name in the middle of the sign on the right.


You can take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment