Tuesday 21 December 2021

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie


    Our dog Kona is extremely rambunctious and runs us ragged.  I just went down stairs and she was lying by the stove close to her ball.  I was so happy to see it.  Normally when she is snoozing, all it takes is for one of us to move and suddenly she is up, looking us in the eye, eagerly waiting for us to instigate some kind of activity for her.  Don’t get me wrong, we spend a good bit of our day, seeing that she gets plenty of attention and activity.

    I have always assumed that the old saying, “Let sleeping dogs lie.”  meant that if they wake they could get aggressive and harm you.  Now for me the saying means:  As long as she’s sleeping, I also am getting some peace.   Sleep, Kona, Sleep.


You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

1 comment:

  1. We have the same feelings about ours and she is almost 8/9.

    ReplyDelete