Thursday 23 December 2021

Got Our Snow, Now Comes The Cold


    We got a foot of snow (30cm) overnight and now the next thing we can look forward too is some frigid temperatures, culminating on Sunday night with a predicted -35°C (-31°F), something I am not looking forward to.  Winter has definitely arrived.  I suspect there is 18 inches (45 cm) of snow on the ground at present.  I was sure happy to have a snowblower to deal with the snow on my driveway.  I also used it yesterday to clear away 4 inches (10 cm) of snow off of the drive.

    I have gotten out my snowshoes to make paths  in the field so that Kona will have someplace to do her business.  She generally likes to do it in untouched snow, but last night when I took her out, she tried to get off of the path into fresh snow to have a pee, but sank up to her chest, so then intelligently, she changed her mind and decided to do it in the path.  

    Once the arctic temperatures arrive we will no longer have to give Kona’s legs a warm shower to get all of the snow off of them, like we have to do when it is close to the freezing temperatures.  When it gets colder, the snow no longer sticks to her legs.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment