Friday 9 March 2018

Tracks in the Snow




    For most of the year, during the night, there are all kinds of things going around our place that I am never aware of.  Its different during the winter, when there is snow on the ground, because of the animal tracks that are left behind.  For instance lately there has been a moose hanging around.  I haven’t seen it, but I have seen its tracks.  The photo above shows the spot where it laid down and took a rest.
    Below are some of the other animal tracks I have seen lately.  The trough-like indentations are were left when a deer bounded through the deep snow.  The tiny little tracks were left by a mouse taking a stroll in the moonlight, and the other photo I think must be squirrel footprints.  
    It is interesting to see the tracks, figure out what left them, and what the animal was doing.  With out the snow recording the events, it would have all remained a secret.



You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment