Tuesday 20 March 2018

Painting a Square


    Every day before I write a blog I paint.  I paint a two inch (5 cm) square section of the painting I am working on.  It takes me between 15 minutes to 90 minutes depending on how complicated the square is.  Sometimes I get lucky and have a square that is one solid color, because I am lazy, I am always happy when I get one of those.  Most squares however, have a lot of detail with different colors, those require a lot of mixing and are time consuming.
    The photo above shows the square I painted today.  It took me about 80 minutes to paint it.  The picture I am painting is of a bunch of autumn maple leaves lying on the ground, so most squares have a lot of detail and require a lot of mixing colors.
    The photo below shows all the tubes of paint I squeezed into today’s two inch square.


You can see the whole painting in "Current Work" on my website:

1 comment:

  1. Just opening squeezing and closing the tubes would probably be a lot of time.
    Work ethic to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete