Sunday 17 March 2013

Saving Daylight


    I am really starting to notice the change brought about by the switch to Daylight Savings time.  During the winter on Friday at 3:30 PM, when we usually start working on our weekly pizza, it is dark outside.   The other day, as I was rolling out the dough, light was streaming through the kitchen window.  
    We generally go to visit with the Milnes on Saturday at 7 in the evening.  All through the winter we made the drive in the dark. Yesterday, instead of a night drive, we are driving in the light.  
    We got a dump of snow yesterday and as we made our way to Milnes, I spotted two figures walking down the unplowed road.  As we got closer, we could see it was Trevor and Norma out for an evening walk.  They stood out so brightly against the grey landscape, that I just had to take a photo.

To read older blogs or to view my paintings, go to:  www.davidmarchant.ca




No comments:

Post a Comment