Saturday 30 March 2013

Daffodils Surface


    About 3 weeks ago, when I was in Indiana, I blogged a photo of the daffodils that were already blooming down there.  I am happy to report that the daffodils, in the small flower garden next to our sidewalk, got tired of waiting under the snow and decided to show themselves.
    We have had a week of daytime melting temperatures (+12C, 54F).  A thick blanket of snow still covers our whole yard, but there are pockets of melted areas around the edges of the house and sidewalk.  I noticed yesterday that the ice on my pond has started to take on a light greenish hue, all of these things give me hope that things are finally moving in the right direction.

To read blogs from 2011-12 or to view my paintings, go to:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment