Wednesday 24 November 2021

Feather Holder


    Throughout my life, whenever I found an interesting feather laying out on the ground, I would pick it up and take it home and lay it down somewhere.  About twenty years ago, I decided to make some kind of holder for the feathers that were laying around the house, and I made this bird-like character to hold them. 

     I made several of the holders and had some for sale at the Whistlestop Gallery.   They sold out, and the one I made for the house eventually suffered a broken foot which was never re-glued, so it disappeared from its place of honor in the living room.

    I discovered this photo of the feather holder yesterday and that has now motivated me to re-glue the bird’s foot, so I can put it back on display.


You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment