Sunday 14 November 2021

All Dressed Up With Nowhere to Go


    Last winter my old snowblower broke just before we got a couple of big snowfalls, leaving me to clear my long driveway with a snow shovel.  I hauled the broken machine down to a local repair shop to get it fixed and it is still there, waiting for a part that is backordered.  Having given up hope that it would ever be fixed, when I saw a snowblower on sale (including delivery) at Costco online, I bought it and when it arrived, assembled it, then parked it just inside the garage doors of my shop, ready to go.

    So there it sits.  We’ve gotten a couple of dustings of snow, but nothing deep enough to justify trying my new machine out.  I confess I am anxious to give it a go.  I do have a nagging thought that maybe after spending all this money on a new snowblower, that maybe, with all of the crazy weather we have been getting over the last few years, this will be a year of very little snow, but  I hope this winter will be a normal one.


You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment