Sunday 19 June 2022

Siberian Iris


    I had never heard of Siberian Iris, when many years ago a friend, whose family was one of the early farmer/settlers in the Robson Valley gave me a clump and told me to plant them.  I was happy to add to the flowers we had, and they have thrived.  They seem to like the moist environment that our property provides.  I have several patches of them, some I planted along the shoreline of my pond, and others in an old flower garden.

    Siberian Iris, with their long narrow stems are more lanky and taller than the regular iris, I was used to.  The blooms of ones I have, have a striking pattern, whose striped brownish areas always remind me of tiger skin.  My Siberian Iris seem especially happy with the weather we have gotten so far this year.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca



 

No comments:

Post a Comment