Tuesday 13 January 2015

Snowshoeing


    There are 24 inches (60 cm) of snow on the ground and it is difficult to go anywhere unless there is some kind of path to it.  I haven’t been on our trail for a couple of weeks.  Yesterday, I was determined to snowshoe the trail in order to push down the fluffy snow so eventually we will be able to walk the trail again.
    It was hard going.  You can see from the photo that even with the snowshoes I was sinking quite a bit in the snow.  I will have to snowshoe the trail again, this time stepping in in between the steps I took previously, so I get the whole trail pressed down. 
    I worked up quite a sweat trying to get the trail walkable, I hope I can complete the task before more snow moves in.

See my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment