Tuesday 17 January 2023

Woodpile Takes a Breather


    During the Arctic temperatures of December, the firewood on our woodpile was disappearing quickly, as I stoked up the wood stove to keep the house warm.  I was using up the firewood so fast I worried that I might run short in the long winter ahead.  Fortunately, January took pity on us and gave us a long spell of very mild temperatures with days above freezing.  Yesterday it got up to +6°C (43°F) which is very unusual for January.  

    As a result, the consumption of firewood has slowed significantly, even to the point where some days we just rely on our electric heaters and use no firewood at all.  Of course there is no guarantee that we won’t get another snap of frigid weather, but I am starting to feel confident that I will have enough firewood to get us through until spring.




 view my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment