Wednesday 25 January 2023

Half Photo/Half Painting


    The painting I have been working on is an image of a cottonwood tree I photographed at Zion National Park in Utah.  I am about half done with the painting.  What I have painted so far is on the right hand side of the photo above.  On the left hand side is the photo that I am working off of.    

    I was going to paint that blank square this morning, but for the forth day in a row, the driveway needed clearing of snow.  Generally I clear it after I get done painting my square of the day, but this morning, after last night’s snowfall, it was beginning to drizzle, and so I decided to clear the drive before the snow got to heavy from the drizzle, so I didn’t paint that square.

    A lot of “artsy” people don’t like realistic painting, but I don’t care.  I love the beauty of nature and try to recreate it on canvas with a few tweaks.  

    You can view my painting progress daily under “Current Work” on my website:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment