Wednesday 11 January 2023

A Multitude of Spruce Cones

 


    I guess I always need to have something to worry about.  The other day I noticed one of our spruce trees was just covered with an enormous mass of cones.  I know that often when plants are severely stressed they put out a lot of seed because they realize they are not long for this earth.  I really don’t know if that is the case with this spruce, but I do find it worrying.  

    The spruce is located in the same area which a couple of years ago was saturated with water.  I think it was all that water that killed a big old cedar, so I am wondering if this spruce was also effected.  Other nearby spruce don’t have such an over abundance of cones.

    I guess time will tell.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment