Monday 12 December 2022

The Cabbage Returns



    We don’t really have a good place to store the cabbages that we grew in the garden, so we had the last remaining two just sitting on the counter.  The outer leaves were drying out, so yesterday I started ripping off the old dry leaves until I got down to the still healthy ones.  Unfortunately there was a bad spot on one side that seemed to go pretty deep, so I just decided to chuck the cabbage.

    I took it outside and put it on the compost pile.

    Later that afternoon, what did I see, but Kona carrying the cabbage around outside, occasionally, sitting it down in the snow and chewing on it.

    When Kona finally came into the house, we found her on the couch along with the cabbage.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment