Friday 1 July 2022

Lupine Blooms For Canada Day


    Today is Canada Day.  I have always been afraid of nationalism, but I have a profound appreciation of Canada, my adopted homeland.  While I have always been happy with our difficult decision to immigrate to Canada, I am especially happy now, whenever I see what is happening in so many countries in the world.  With the help of all the craziness and propaganda on social media they are able to manipulate enough public opinion to get elected, then once in power, they proceed to eliminate the free press and stack the courts to get rid of humanitarian and liberal ideals and practices.

    I am not blind to Canada’s faults, especially when it comes to the environment, Canada always talks the green talk, but then doesn’t carry through, but on the whole, I am very happy to call myself a Canadian.


    Happy Canada Day.


 Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment