Monday 9 December 2019

It's Time For Paths


    Every winter we reach a time when the snow becomes so deep that walking in the yard becomes so burdensome that it is easier to make a few paths through the snow so we can get to where we want to go.  Usually I make the paths by pressing down the snow with snowshoes.  Once you snowshoe over an area a couple of times the resulting path becomes firm enough to allow you to walk on it with just regular winter boots.
    I made the path you see Lexi on by shoveling the snow.  She’s so short and the snow is so soft that without a path, she wouldn’t be able to go anywhere in the yard.  This path for Lexi circles the house.  Normally I only make three winter paths, one to the woodpile, one to the barn and a third one to the compost pile.  We can access the shop via our driveway, which I keep clear.

Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment