Saturday 7 December 2019

A Foot of Snow Overnight


    Last year we had a very unusual ‘Green” Christmas because of the lack of snow on the ground.  I don’t think we are going to worry about not getting a “white” one this year, because overnight we got 12 inches (30 cm) of snow on top of the 7 inches we already had on the ground.
    I am not getting much painting done because of the snow.  Painting is usually the first thing I do after breakfast, but snow removal always takes priority over painting, and that is what I had to do today. 
    I used to always shovel my driveway, but a few  years ago, I broke down and bought a snowblower.  It sure makes life a lot easier.  Of course, now that the snowblower is beginning to age, things are starting to break on the machine.  Last week it was one of the cables that directs the snow chute either to the right, center, or left.  With that function now disabled, I have to stop all the time and manually turn the chute to the direction I want to throw the snow.  I keep it in place with a bungy-cord.
    Even with my handicapped machine, it is still a whole lot easier and quicker than shoveling.  I did do some shoveling, making a path around the house so that we would have a place to walk Lexi for her peeing.  Even doing that bit of shoveling made my back complain, so I sure depend on my snowblower.

You can view my paintings:   davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. Guess we should be careful what we wish for.
    Beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete