Monday 21 August 2023

Perfect Timing


    The other day I was watching an old black and white western movie.  It was set in a mining town and the scene was in a boarding house.  In the movie there was an explosion,”BOOM” and it showed a large crack in the wall of the boarding house.  At that same instant, the screen on my TV went blank.  

    “Wow,” I thought, “that was some explosion.” as I stared at my suddenly black screen.

    I waited but the screen remained black, so after a minute, I became concerned and tried switching to another channel and was relieved to discover my TV was still working.  After about five minutes I switched back to the old western and saw that it was now continuing.

    I don’t know what caused the blackout on the TV, maybe it was something in the satellite, who knows, but I was amazed at the perfect timing of the event--exactly when there was the explosion in the movie.

    It reminded me of something that had occurred when New York City had their famous blackout.  A man was just screwing in a new lightbulb into a lamp when through the window they saw the whole city suddenly go black.  The wife turned to the husband and said, “Now, look what you did.” 


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment