Saturday 5 August 2023

Hanging Garlic


    After the extreme hot weather and then the long drought we experienced in the spring, things have pretty much gotten back to normal, except that plants are about two weeks or more ahead of their usual schedule, but at least we are getting the produce from the things we have planted.

    I dug my garlic last week and hung them in the carport to dry.  The photo shows that they are drying, their stems have turned from green to tan.  I will let them hang a bit longer before I cut off the stems.  Harvesting the garlic always makes me think that I really have a lot, but after I dry them, I always have to pick out the biggest and best to replant in the fall, for next year.  So we end up with a lot less to eat  and the smaller ones, but that is the way it goes.


View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment