Thursday 3 June 2021

Bad Luck: One, Two, Three


    They say that bad luck comes in threes.  If that is the case, I guess my bad luck is over, although it doesn’t seem like it because all of these cases of bad luck are on-going.  Readers will no doubt recognize the photo above as being a shot of Sunbeam Falls where the intake to our water system is located.   It is in the middle of the photo covered by the torrents of water. 

    Yesterday evening the water to our house suddenly disappeared.  We walked up to the falls to confirm our suspicions, and sure enough, the hot weather we have been having over the last couple of days, has caused a lot of snow melting in the alpine, which led to the water flow of Sunbeam Creek to turn into a raging torrent.  We couldn’t really get close enough to see exactly what happened but I suspect our culvert filled up with gravel carried by the fast water.  There is a grid over it to prevent bigger rocks from getting in, but not the smaller ones.

    We will probably be without water for a while now; until Sunbeam Cr. slows down and we can work up there.

    The second item of bad luck came in the form of our yearly Spring explosion of mosquitoes, making any activity outside around our house, almost unbearable.   That too will be lasting a good while, probably only three weeks, if we get lucky.

    The third bit of bad luck, after I was already depressed by number one and two, occurred last night as I was about to go to bed.  I plugged in my iPhone to charge it, well I tried, but the port would not accept the cable, so I tried another cable, but it wouldn’t insert fully either.  It seems there is some problem inside the phone which now prevents me from charging it.  This morning I ordered a wireless charger for the phone, but it will not arrive until next week.  

    I guess we are doomed to struggle on until these problems are eventually resolved.  I will try to stay positive.  We are scheduled to get our second vaccine next week and that is something we are looking forward to.



                                                 Visit davidmarchant2.ca to see my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment