Friday 18 December 2020

Christmas Bird Count


    Sunday is the official day for the Robson Valley Christmas Bird count, but fortunately we are allowed to register birds that we see three days before and three days after the official day.  I am happy because yesterday I saw a couple of birds that are normally not on my tally of seen birds and I will be able to include them this year.

    I saw a Brown Creeper, a small secretive bird that I only see a few times a year, and I also saw two Ruffed Grouse that happened to be in our yard  (photo above).  Every year my Christmas Bird Count just includes the usual suspects:  lots of Chickadees, a couple of Downy Woodpeckers, and Harry Woodpeckers, a pair of Red Breasted Nuthatches, and maybe some Ravens that have flown over the house.  I am happy to contribute the grouse and creeper to this year’s submission, and who knows maybe some other more exotic bird will show up before I turn in my list.


Look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment