Sunday 17 May 2020

Our Ancient Spider Plants


    Yesterday I moved our spider plants out to the deck so they can spend their summer outside (they spend their winters inside on a rail beside my computer in my office).  While there is nothing particularly impressive about their looks, I am amazed at just how very old they are.
    We got them from my sister and brought them with us when we immigrated to Canada in the 1970’s--yes, they are over forty years old, and they are still alive.  They are certainly survivors.  We pretty much ignore them, except for watering, and the seasonal moves in and out of our house.  
    I don’t really know anything about the life span of house plants, no doubt there are some that have been around longer, but I do think 40 years of constant growing is remarkable.

Take a look at my photo-realistic paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment