Saturday 16 May 2020

Isolation


    “Isolation” is a word you hear a lot these days when the most dominate thing in the world is Covid-19 Pandemic.  I thought of that word the other day when I was going through the photos on my iPad.  I came across this screen shot from Google Earth that show the location of our little village of McBride, BC.  The size of the blue dot makes McBride seem larger than it actually is.  We are pretty isolated from the rest of the world.
    Of course with Hwy. 16 going through it, people from the “outside” do come through.  I remember hearing of villages during the Bubonic Plague that shut themselves off from everyone.  These days we are dependent on food and other supplies from the outside world, so cutting ourselves off is not an option, we just have to try to be careful in our habits.
    A few of us do where masks when we go into public, but most don’t.  There are no reported cases of Covid-19 that I have heard of, but it is pretty scary when you consider that a person could be infecting others for almost two weeks before they even know they have it.  
    That is the world we live in.

You can view my photo-realistic paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment