Monday 21 January 2019

Komodo Dragon


    I was in a conversation last week and somehow the topic of Komodo Dragons came up.  Like a bullet, my brain lasered onto one of my favorite comedy dialogues- Bob and Ray’s “Komodo Dragon”.  Even though they were comedians from the US during the late 50’s and 60’s, I had never heard of them until I moved to Canada.  I have been listening to CBC radio pretty much daily for forty years, and every few years I hear the Komodo Dragon sketch, and still laugh every time.
    I also think of it every time I hear a bad interview on TV or radio.  
    If you are unfamiliar with it, below is a link.  The sketch starts about 30 seconds in and lasts for about 4 minutes.  Since January 21st has been designated the “Bluest Day of the Year” you might need a laugh. 
     Here is the link:
                                https://youtu.be/gZEyvwhjcFk

You can see my photo-realistic paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment