Saturday 16 December 2017

Handy Microwave Bowl Pads


    I fix and eat a lot of soup.  The day I make some there is no problem, the soup is hot and I dip some into the bowl and eat it.  For the next few days, I put the cold soup into a bowl and put the bowl into the microwave to heat it up.  When it is hot, it has always been a problematic thing for me to extract the hot bowl from the microwave.  I used to awkwardly try to get a grip on the edge of the bowl with a thick hot pad to remove it from the microwave without burning my fingers, or tipping and spilling the soup.
    Joan made me a solution to the problem.  I don’t know what they are called and maybe they have been around for a while, but I was unaware of them.  She sewed up a contoured hot pad that fits the bowl and has protruding corners, giving me something that is easy to grab for pulling the bowl out of the microwave.  So now I just put the bowl of cold soup in the contoured hot pad, put it into the microwave and easily get it out when it is hot.
    


You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment