Monday 11 December 2017

A Double Dose of Sunlight


    It was the way the sunshine lit up portions of the Hosta leaves that first made me paint the images you see on the two paintings above.  They are hanging at the top of our staircase.  Yesterday as I was walking up the stairs, bright and mottled sunlight was streaming through the windows and falling on the paintings, intensifying some sections and shading others.  This present layer of sunshine really enlivened the paintings.
    It brought out the colors and contrasts even more and that blast of colors made me go back downstairs and get my camera to record the results.  This has happened before on some of my other paintings, making me  wonder if I should start a new painting, repainting the image the way it looked with the mottled sunlight falling upon the original painting.

You can take a look at all of my other paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment