Friday 13 May 2016

Frost, Frost, Frost


    Nature has been playing us for a fool.  We had a warm spell about a month early that set all the plants, (and me) up to thinking that spring had arrived.  The fruit trees bloomed, the flowers blossomed, and I got cocky and planted some things in the garden.  Then suddenly, night after night we get frost (-2C, 28F).
    Many of the plants like my peas, and the lupines (below), are tough and can handle it, but other things like my potato plants that were just coming up, got their leaves permanently stung.  I had to cover them last light with a plastic sheet to keep them safe.  I am eager to get some of the more tender things in my garden but I keep having to hold off because of these nightly frosts.


My paintings can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment