Wednesday 26 June 2024

My Guitar Stand



    First off, as you can see from the photo above, our jam was back playing on the porch of McBride’s Train Station last night.  We meet every Tuesday to play, but it happened that every Tuesday so far this year, the weather has been cool or showery, so instead of being able to play outside, we ended up playing inside, in the train station lobby. Everyone enjoyed the perfect weather and was happy to be outside looking down Main Street and the mountains beyond, again.

    I hadn’t played my electric guitar for a very long time.  The other day when I opened its guitar case to get it out, to my dismay, I discovered that my guitar stand wasn’t there.  That threw me into a panic, because I didn’t know where it could be.  I really liked that guitar stand because it is small and foldable, which allowed me to keep it in my guitar case, and not have to lug it around separately.

    I thought and thought about where I could have left it, and wondered if I had left it in the Legion Hall, where we used to play a half a year or so ago.  I was able to borrow the keys to the Hall and went to look, but it wasn’t there.

    I was in a panic, I had run out of other places to look, and I really needed a guitar stand for my electric, so I went online to see if I could find one like it.  I did, of course, find one just like it on Amazon, so I ordered it.  Two seconds after ordering it, I saw that I had mistakenly ordered a stand for an acoustic guitar and not the one for an electric guitar.  I browsed Amazon further and found the electric guitar stand I needed, so ordered it too.  

    Both stands arrived, and fortunately, the acoustic guitar stand works really well for my acoustic guitar and is smaller and more portable, so I was happy to get it.  The new electric guitar stand was exactly like my old lost one, so I was happy with it also.

    Last night, because the jam was going to play outside, I had to take along the PA equipment, which we don’t use when we play in the lobby.  When I arrived at the train station and started to set up, I was looking through the case where I keep the microphones, and guess what I found---  It was my old missing electric guitar stand.  So I guess I now own two of them.

    Isn’t that the way things always go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment