Saturday 22 June 2024

Lupine Blooms, At Their Prime


    Obviously, I never get tired of looking at, and taking photos of my ever-expanding patch of Lupine.  I came across the one above, all backlit by the evening sun, and couldn’t pass it by without taking a photo.  Patches of Lupine are now self-propagating on both sides of my pond, and on the bank of the road across from our driveway.   You can’t help but notice the hum of bees gathering nectar from the Lupine every time you walk past them.

    The photo below shows some of the colors of my Lupin.  The Lupine that grow naturally in the Robson Valley, are blue-violet and that color is dominant in my patch, but after planting some Lupine of other colors, they are coming up with an interesting mixture of colors.



You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment