Saturday 8 June 2024

A Field of Fluffy Balls


    A couple of days ago, I got my lawn trimmer and cut the small field of weeds on the far end of the pond’s dam.  When I cut it, the dandelion flower’s blooms were done and the tight capsule of seed had formed at the end of the stem.  

    I was surprised this morning while Kona and I took our walk around the pond to see that the area I had cut was now full of puffballs, that had formed from the seed capsules during the couple of days since I had cut the field.  The area covered with the white balls presented an interesting view.  Cut or not, the dandelions were determined to get their seeds out.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

1 comment:

  1. Can only be "perfect timing" . I find that an unusual happening as well . Love the picture . Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete