Friday 21 June 2024

A Coincidence


    Every once and a while something happens that feels Cosmic.  I realize that it was just a fluke, but it’s hard to shake the feeling that it was somehow more than that.  I had one of those coincidences yesterday morning.

    Our provincial property tax is due by July 2nd, and so I was looking over what was due, and thinking about which of several options I would use to pay it.  I could pay it online, but in the past I had run into frustrations using that method, so I didn’t want to do that again.  I could pay the tax at the bank, or I could mail in a cheque.  When I thought about mailing it in, I decided to see if I had any stamps left.  I found the envelope where I keep the stamps and looked through it.

    “Oh, that’s right, I have some of these Donald Sutherland stamps,” I told myself when I saw them in the envelope.  I had purchased them more than a year ago.  Having assured myself that I had stamps available, I put the paying of the property tax off, and went downstairs to watch some television, before going outside to work.

    I sat down, turned on the TV, and checked the news.  There was a “Breaking News” story being reported:  “Actor, Donald Sutherland has died.”

    The music to “The Twilight Zone” began playing in my head upon hearing that news.  I hadn’t given any thought to Donald Sutherland for a year, when I bought those stamps at the post office, and he was out of my mind until a few minutes ago when I saw the stamps, and suddenly, here he turns up the news, minutes later.

    It sure seemed an strange coincidence.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

    


 

1 comment: