Thursday 20 June 2024

Clothesline


    Today is the Summer Solstice, the longest day and shortest night of the year.  Since the solstice is all about the Sun, I thought I would celebrate its existence with this photo of our “Solar Clothes Dryer”.  I took the photo yesterday on a whim, and was quite impressed at how colorful and distinct it turned out.

    Our clothesline wheels out over the garden, and since there is a high fence around the garden to keep the deer out, I have a removable section of the fence to allow the clothes access.  The Sun does a wonderful job of drying the clothes, and since there was no wind yesterday, the clothes were very dry, stiff, and fresh when I wheeled them back in and took them off of the line.

    Sadly, clothes lines are a disappearing part of modern life.


View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

1 comment:

  1. Memories of Mom's clothes line at home on the farm. Nothing better than that smell of fresh laundry. Hardly ever see them now. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete