Saturday 1 July 2023

Happy Canada Day


    Today is Canada Day, a day when we celebrate Canada.  I have never been a big fan of Patriotism or  Nationalism, fearing the terrible results of blindly following state-sponsored propaganda, but I do have an immense appreciation for Canada, the country that accepted me when I was seeking a home more aligned with my beliefs.  

    We have lived in Canada fifty years now, most of my life.  We struggled at times and sacrificed at times, but I am very happy that we made the choice to immigrate and live in Canada.  We have made wonderful friends and enjoyed economic stability, while living in and building our lives in a beautiful area, still largely pristine.

    Thank you Canada, for giving us that opportunity.


 View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment