Wednesday 13 January 2021

We Finally Got Some Snow


    I was beginning to think this was going to be a pretty snowless winter.  It seemed strange to be sitting in the middle of January with bare fields and yards.  Last night however Mother Nature did finally get back to work and produced about 6 inches (15cm) of snow.  

    This was a wet heavy snow so all of the trees and bushes were bent over when I got up.  The weight was too much for some branches and they broke off and fell to  the ground.

    I usually spend some time painting in the morning, but had to forego that in order to crank up the snowblower and clear the driveway.  The temperature is still mild (overnight it was -2C, 28F, normally it should be -15C, 5F).



You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the water/ice in your garden is usually there , you just don't see it for all the snow covering it?
    That is a beautiful snow!

    ReplyDelete