Monday 11 January 2021

Seepage Ice


    I suspect you are getting tired of hearing me talk about all the underground water that is seeping to the top and freezing, but the phenomenon is getting worse by our garden.  I hope you can see all of the ice that is slowly forming as the water seeps up.  The fenced area in the photo is our garden, and like during the summer, when our garden continually flooded, the same thing is happening through the winter, only now the water freezes in place.

    I guess I will have to dig a trench in the spring to channel the water into an underground drainage pipe that runs between the garden and the greenhouse.  

    While I don’t have many outside jobs I can do during the winter, the list of work that needs to be done after winter is over, continues to grow.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment