Saturday 19 December 2015

Horseshoe Lake Walk


    Winter limits where we can go for a walk with the dog.  The airfield is normally covered with snow and on most of the places that are plowed, there is a lot of vehicle traffic.  As you have no doubt noticed from all the photos on this blog, we have been going for most of our walks east of McBride on Jervis or Jeck Road.  
    If we have to go into McBride for something we try to find a place close at hand, so we don’t have to do a lot of extra driving.  The other day when I was in town, I thought I would try Horseshoe Lake and walk Skye down the road that leads to the lone house that is situated down there.  I was pleased to find the small parking area by the bird observatory gazebo plowed, so that was a plus.
    The road itself was a great place to walk.  While it is not quite as long as some of our other walks, there were lots of interesting smells for Skye, and a nice change of scenery for me.

You can see my photo-realistic paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment