Tuesday 8 December 2015

An Uneasy Truce


    Our cat Lucifer was a holy terror when she was young.  As she has aged she has become more gentle and often even wants to be kind.  She will often try to snuggle up to Skye, our dog.  Skye, however has a long memory and can’t let go of all those hissing fits and scary claws that the cat displayed in those early days, and Skye still doesn’t want anything to do with Lucifer.
    There are days though when Skye is napping that Lucifer quietly jumps up on the bed and tries to get close.  As long as she doesn’t actually touch Skye, Lucifer is tolerated.
    The other day when I walked into my bedroom, there they were, both on the bed.  When I raised  my camera they both looked up to see what was happening.  It does seem that Lucifer is a little sad about not being able to get closer to Skye.

You can view my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment