Thursday 20 August 2015

Welcoming Grouse



    Yesterday I was just about to pull into our driveway when I saw a welcoming committee of 10 grouse. It was a surprise to see this family all spread around and visible, usually they are all hiding in the vegetation.  It seems they must have had a pretty successful breeding season.
    They are not the smartest birds around and as I slowed to make the turn, they just stood there wondering what to do, so I just advanced very slowly and they did finally figure out that they needed to move out of the way.
    Later in the day, when I had to make another trip I saw different group of 3 grouse standing on Mountainview Road.  I slowed my truck until they slowly walked to the other side.


Visit www.davidmarchant.ca to see my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment