Monday 27 July 2015

Robson Slide Chute


    Yesterday I finished this painting of Mt. Robson.  It is hard to be a painter in the Robson Valley and not do at least one painting of the most prominent mountain in the area.  This was a bit of a challenge for me since I decided to do the painting using a palette knife rather than a brush.  As a painter, I am a bit of a control freak, and using a knife instead of a brush was frustrating because of the lack of control it gave me in doing detail.
    I was amazed though at how quickly I was able to complete the painting.  This was due to the fact that using the knife was a whole lot quicker, particularly on the many squares that consisted of only  only one solid color.  I did use a whole lot more paint using the palette knife than I would have with a brush, because it was so easy to slab it on with the knife.
    The painting took me 92 hours to complete.  I started it on May 13th, 2015.  The size of the painting is 24” x 30” (60cm x 76cm) and is done in acrylics.

You can see all of my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment