Friday 24 July 2015

Canada Thistles


    Here I am trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.  I detest thistles.  They are thorny invasive pest plants (despite the name, they are not native to Canada).  They are scattered throughout my pasture even though I conscientiously cut them down every year so they won’t go to seed.  I am beginning to think that one of the reasons Skye doesn’t like to walk around the pond any more is because I mowed the path which cause the thistles to grow short and spiky.  She steps on them then limps around.
    Anyway, the other day while walking through a neighbor’s field I was desperately looking around for something to photograph and sadly all I found was this plant I despise.  


My paintings are at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment