Sunday 26 October 2014

The Good News is That It Finally Stopped Raining, . . .


    This morning when I woke up and looked out of the window, I was reminded of the saying, “Be careful what you hope for, because it might come true.”   For days now I have been wishing that it would stop raining, and last night it did--it began snowing.
    This is really the worst kind of weather we get, this sloppy snow.  When the temperature is just around freezing, snow is the most slippery.  Driving becomes very dangerous.  Once it gets colder there is more traction, and driving on snow is safer. 
    This snow was not that unexpected, we are in that season, but still, it always is a bad surprise when I actually see it.  As I write this, the slushy stuff is still falling, they are forecasting rain this afternoon.  It looks like its going to be pretty much an “inside day.”

You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment