Sunday 19 January 2014

Tongue of Deer


    This is sort of strange and troubling.  I saw this deer just outside of the house at the peanut butter log that hangs from our birch tree.  The deer come around and eat the peanut butter.  When I saw this particular deer, its head was turned the other way around and I noticed something pink hanging down below the profile of its face, but I couldn’t tell what it was.  I thought maybe that the deer had part of its mouth ripped or something.
    Then when it turned around I could see that it was its tongue just hanging lifelessly out of its mouth, otherwise the deer seemed healthy.  I have no idea what has caused this to happen, but it didn’t seem that the deer could move it.  All this happened about a week ago, and I haven’t seen the deer around since.

See my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment