Saturday 11 January 2014

Another Day of Shoveling


    I have spent the last two mornings shoveling my driveway after two minor snowfalls (2.5 inches or 6.5 cm) each day, as I said before I like to keep on top of it so that it doesn’t get to be an overwhelming job.  Overnight we had a lot of blowing snow come down and when I got up there was between 5 to 9 inches (12-22 cm) of fresh snow on the ground depending on the drift.
    I did spend some time shoveling a short bit of the driveway before painting and blogging, and in the meantime another 2 inches (5 cm) has covered my earlier work on the driveway.  It appears that a good chunk of this day will be spent moving snow, and the piles along my drive are getting higher and higher.

You might want to compare this photo with my painting "Fenceline" which is the same scene but in the spring.   www.davidmarchant.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment