Wednesday 8 May 2024

HelpLine Cartoon


    The fact that the only bank in McBride is closing, has caused me to do a lot of shifting around with our money.  Inevitably, in doing so, problems arose, and the online computer “ChatLine” robots couldn’t even understand what my problems were, so that meant trying to find a human being and calling the “HelpLine”.  

    As I sat there, and sat there, and sat there, with the phone in my hand, trying not to listen to the irritating music coming from the receiver, I thought of all the other useful things I could have been doing with my time, instead of waiting and waiting for a person to talk to.  

    The “Please stay on the line, your call is important to us,” recording, repeated the message over and over again.  One would think that a big corporation with billions of dollars, who was really concerned about their customers, might invest a few more dollars to hire some additional HelpLine Personnel, so that those customers wouldn’t have to wait on the phone for 30 or 45 minutes before even getting to someone to help them with their problems.   

    I often, after so long a wait, and full of frustration, just gave up and hung up to get on with my life, but of course, I still had the problem, so later, I was on the phone again, trying to get to a human.


You can look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you do wonder if you will EVER reach a human. Love the cartoon!

    ReplyDelete