Tuesday 29 March 2022

The First Bloom of Spring


    Yesterday I saw the first flower of Spring, a crocus.   In these northern climes, once winter finally is pushed aside and warmer weather starts to arrive, things happen quickly.  The growing season is short, so there is a rush to begin.  

    Years ago I bought a bag of 80 crocus bulbs at Costco and planted them along our sidewalk.  They came up for a few years then disappeared.  I have no remembrance of planting crocus in this flower bed and was surprised to see a group of them coming up.  

    I am usually pretty hungry for the sight of plant growth after so many months of winter, so planting bulbs like crocus, grape hyacinth, and daffodils are very rewarding because they provide flowers while there is still some snow in the yard.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment