Tuesday 15 March 2022

A Butterfly? This Time of Year?


    Please excuse the blurry photo, but it is the only evidence I have that I was not seeing things.

    I was sitting in the living room watching the Putin’s brutality on the television, when I caught a movement outside the window.  When I got up to investigate, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  It was a butterfly that had flown to one of the window boxes.  

    I went to get my camera to try and take a photo.  It was difficult to focus on the butterfly down through the double-glazed window, but I did manage this one shot.  I decided to walk outside to try to get a better shot.  I put on my winter boots and coat and walked around to the front of the house.  When I rounded the corner to the front where the window box is, the butterfly saw me and fluttered away.

    I am sure that some of you out there might be seeing butterflies by now, but we still have 10 inches (25cm) of snow covering the ground.  It was a very mild afternoon though (12°C, 53°F) so maybe it felt like spring to the butterfly.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment