Monday 3 January 2022

Snow-Capped Birdhouse


    Technically, it is inaccurate to call this a birdhouse, because I have never seen a bird anywhere close to it.  I guess more realistically it is a lawn ornament that a friend made and gave to us, but it sort of looks like it might be a birdhouse, so that is what I am going to call it. 

    I noticed the birdhouse the other day and was fascinated by the way way the snow had piled high on top of it, and especially liked the “Wings” that the snow formed sticking out of its sides.  I haven’t really measured the snow but I figure that there is about 18 inches (45 cm) of the white stuff blanketing the ground.  More snow is falling as I write.

    We just got over a very windy period that caused a lot of drifting and rearranged the snow, filling up the snowshoe trails that I had made that allow us to more easily get around outside.  I re-snowshoed a path around the pond yesterday, but walking the snowshoe path I made is pretty awkward.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment